L'OBJET Thé Russe Candle No.75
Thé Russe Candle No.75
It was cold in Paris that October day in 1975 when Philippe received a hand-written note from Mischa Barinov of St. Petersburg; an invitation to view a rare, privately held collection of antiquities. He departed by train that very evening.
Two days later, he arrived in the study of a mansion on the Griboyedov Canal. Settling into a Louis XIV bergere beside the fireplace, he was enveloped by the blended scents of ancient, leather-bound books, the crackling fire, and the steam of black tea rising from a spectacular samovar.
Mischa appeared in the doorway. "Thank you for coming. I think you will find it well worth your travels. But first, tea..." Then, in regard to Philippe's obvious obsession with the samovar, "Tombak bronze, circa 1775."
Fragrance: Thé Russe Candle No.75
Top Notes: Lemon zest, coriander seeds
Middle Notes: Hay, beeswax absolute, milk lactones
Base Notes: Patchouli, amber, Russian leather
- 3.5 x 4 in / 9 x 11 cm (D x H)
- 12.5oz / 350g
- Burn time: 80-90 hours
- Limoges Porcelain, Brass Lid, Paraffin wax with single wick
- Presented in a luxury gift box
- All L'OBJET collections are made with exceptional materials, and with proper use and care, will last for generations. Dust with a soft cloth
- After candle has burned completely through, place container under hot water to dissolve remaining wax. The vessel can then serve as a decorative box
- Do not leave candle burning unattended